During my downtime, I like to read.
Recently, my interest has shifted to predominantly Chinese web novels, translated to English by a community of dedicated translators and editors. A number of Japanese titles have also caught my attention, plus one that is Korean. I follow Novel Updates for the latest chapter releases, and Shu Sheng Bar for recommendations.
Sooner or later, fans develop the habit of turning to machine translations of their favourite web novels whenever they are unable to wait for the chapter releases. This causes prolonged headaches and severe eye strain, and wrecks absolute havoc on their English grammar. Notice the change to third-person POV? Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
In future, I hope to try my hand at translating novels too, perhaps starting with short stories. Meantime, below is a list of my favourites, in order of preference:
- Life : A Black And White Film — Mo Bao Fei Bao
- Really, Really Miss You — Mo Bao Fei Bao
- One Life, One Incarnation, Beautiful Bones — Mo Bao Fei Bao
- A Slight Smile Is Very Alluring — Gu Man
- When He Comes, Close Your Eyes — Ding Mo
- Blazing Sunlight — Gu Man
- Best To Have Met You — Celine Gu Xi Jue
- Together Forever — Mo Bao Fei Bao
- Xian Wang Dotes On His Wife — Wu Ri Yang Guang
- Refusing To Serve Me? Then Off With Your Head! — 蓝艾草
- Golden Age Legitimate Fei — Feng Qing
- A Mistaken Marriage Match: A Generation Of Military Counselors — Qian Lu
- A Mistaken Marriage Match: A Record Of Washed Grievances — Qian Lu
- Lucia — 하늘가리기
- Eight Treasures Trousseau — Yue Xia Die Ying
- Chongfei Manual — 风荷游月
- Sharing Rain And Dew — 掩面而遁马甲君
- Mo Flower — Heibai Jian Yao
- Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang — Jiu Lu Fei Xiang
- Every Vicious Woman Needs A Loyal Man — Ruò Míng Yì
- Love Me Again — Yuan Yuan
- Our Second Master — Twentine
- Just A Straight Road — Yu Qing
So, what are your favourites?
We welcome your support!